-
July 9th, 2007, 04:21 AM
#1
Inactive Member
Sorry if I've overlooked this topic but I didn't see it addressed already, so here goes...
My project is to make an animated film using common household lights & get it developed then transfered to miniDV so I can easily put it on my Mac & use iMovieHD to edit it. My confusion is thus: Should I buy color reversal or negative film? It's not clear to me what the advantages are between the two & if both would be easily transfered to miniDV. Does the color negative look the same as color reversal once it's transfered, i.e. would it look like the negative or do I have to request it to be ready for edit on the computer? Also, any advice on the type of color film to buy (as far as speed compatible with regular lightbulbs) would be appreciated. I'm using a Nizo S56 super8 in great condition but I've only used it with Kodachrome years ago when I could still get it developed at the local drugstore. Any other advice welcome- Thanks!
-
July 22nd, 2007, 04:10 PM
#2
HB Forum Moderator
Ironically, you can still get kodachrome 40 processed by your local walmart.
Probably vision 200T is the safest film stock to use as it is the most forgiveable. If you want the least amount of grain you could experiment with the time-exposure mode, although I think the Nizo 56 does not have time-exposure, the Nizo 560 does, as does the 800, 801, also the 80, and 81 I think also have time-exposure.
With time-exposure you can do a one second exposure and probably not even have to keep the f-stop wide open either. This would allow you to use a lower ASA reversal film stock such as velvia 50 or Ektachrome 100D.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks